The Township of Irvington, NJ, is committed to ensuring that its future is bright. And thanks to its leaders such as Mayor Tony Vauss, the Essex County township is on the right track.
Mayor Vauss embodies Irvington’s goals with his slogan of “One Team, One Dream” that helps guide the township’s mission. As the Mayor of Irvington, NJ, Tony Vauss is dedicated to helping Irvington remain a clean and safe place to live.
Before being elected Mayor of Irvington, NJ, on May 13, 2014, Tony Vauss was the Assistant Director of the Township’s Housing Department, the President of the Irvington Board of Education, and a Commissioner for the Irvington Housing Authority. All of these previous positions prepared Tony Vauss to become Mayor Vauss, as well as helped him better understand the ins and outs of municipal government and how it should serve the needs of its residents.
When he became the Mayor of Irvington, NJ, Tony Vauss vowed to be a passionate and conscientious spokesperson for the Township of Irvington, NJ. He has been a strong leader that has been able to initiate and implement various programs and goals to help improve his municipality.
The awards and acknowledgements accrued by Township of Irvington, NJ, Mayor Tony Vauss include:
- Mayor Tony Vauss has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Pillar College in Newark New Jersey. Mayor Tony Vauss is currently seeking his master’s degree from Metropolitan College of New York.
- Citation Award from the National Sorority of Phi Delta Kappa, Inc. Delta Pi Chapter, October 28, 2017
- Recognition Award from Irvington Police Operations Bureau Commanders, October 12, 2017
- Appreciation Award from Christian Love Baptist Church, July 8, 2017
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition from the Essex County Surrogate Theodore N. Stephens, II, June 17, 2017
- Father’s Day Award from Friends of Theodore N. Stephens, II, June 17, 2017
- Resolution of Recognition from the Essex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, June 17, 2017
- Lifetime Achievement Award from Project Re-Direct Youth & Family Services, June 9, 2017
- Resolution from the Newark Municipal City Council, June 4, 2017
- Award of Merit from the Essex-West Hudson Labor Council, AFL-CIO, June 4, 2017
- Assembly Resolution of Recognition from the New Jersey Assembly
- Resolution of Recognition from the Essex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, June 4, 2017
- President’s Award from Pillar College, May 18, 2017
- EBNJ Fundraising Committee Award of Recognition, April 1, 2017
- Democracy and Housing Award from the New Jersey Chapters of National Association of Real Estate Brokers, March 31, 2017
- 2017 African American History Month Resolution from the Essex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, February 22, 2017
- Essex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, African-American History Month, February 22, 2017
- Essex County Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Award from the United States Senate, February 15, 2017
- Essex County Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership Award, February 15, 2017
- New Jersey Senate and General Assembly Citation, January 26, 2017
- Citizen of the Year Award from Pillar College, January 26, 2017
- 2017 Certificate of Membership, New Jersey Conference of Mayors
- Plaque of Acknowledgment from the Irvington Fire Department Recruits, 2016
- Plaque of Appreciation from the Guyana 50th Official Independence Anniversary Flag Raising Committee, June 9, 2016
- Letter of Thank You from Florence Avenue National Elementary Honor Society, May 31, 2016
- Community Service Award from The Ninja University Irvington Community Association, May 27, 2016
- Certificate of Recognition from the Muslim League of Voters of New Jersey, November 21, 2015
- Elected Citizen of the Year from Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., November 7, 2015
- Proclamation from the City of East Orange, October 2015
- Letter of Recognition from United States Senator Corey Booker, July 13, 2015
- Letter of Recognition from United States Congressman Donald Payne, July 13, 2015
- Recognition Award from Irvington Housing Authority, July 13, 2015
- Leadership Award from the Irvington Police Department, July 13, 2015
- Plaque of Appreciation from Irvington Public Schools, July 13, 2015
- Resolution of Recognition from the Essex County Board of Chosen Freeholders, July 8, 2015
- Plaque of Appreciation from Irvington Fire Department, May 2015
- 29th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Service Award from Irvington Board of Education, January 18, 2014
- Plaque of Admiration for “Soaring Above the Rest,” May 2014
- Acknowledgement Award for School Boards Month in New Jersey from the Irvington Board of Education, January 17, 2007
- 4 Joint Legislative Resolution of Recognition from the State of New Jersey Senate and General Assembly
- Ambassador for Peace Award from the Universal Peace Federation
- Plaque of Appreciation and Acknowledgement from Irvington Fire Department
Over the last three years of serving as the Mayor of Irvington, NJ, Tony Vauss has used progressive leadership to build strong bonds with the County of Essex, the State of New Jersey, and the mayors of adjacent municipalities such as East Orange, West Orange, Hillside, and Newark.
Mayor Vauss continues to commit himself to rejuvenating the Township of Irvington, NJ. He regularly attends council meetings and public hearings in order to stay up-to-date with what’s going in his township. Tony Vauss also frequently interacts with residents of the Township of Irvington, NJ, so that he can hear their voice and better serve his community’s needs.